Over the weekend I started my coffee table project. This is the resulting prototype. Originally I was going to use a slab of Redwood, but the piece was to small. So I pulled these two pieces from a junk pile and sanded them down. Unfortunately one has some bad rot in it, so I’ll have to replace that side at some time. The legs I salvaged from a junk store I guess they were part of a sink at one point. They had some nasty paint on them. So I stripped them. You can now see a very nice industrial machine age look. I was concerned it was going to be to short, but I think the dimensions came out perfect.